Homeowners Liability in Zelienople and Jeannette, PA
Homeowners Liability Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Liability Insurance Information
Protect Yourself, Your Home, and Your Finances.
Your homeowners insurance includes both property and liability coverage. The liability portion of your policy covers you against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you or family members may cause to others.
What Is Homeowners Liability Insurance?
The liability portion of your homeowners insurance may pay for both the cost of your defense and any court awards—up to your policy limit—if there is a lawsuit against you. You may need a higher level of protection if you have significant assets that need more protection. An umbrella or excess liability policy can give you broader coverage and higher liability limits, and we can discuss if this is applicable for your situation.
What Does Homeowners Liability Insurance Cover?
What is explicitly covered under the liability portion of your home insurance policy will depend on your specific policy. Generally speaking, homeowners liability insurance may cover the following:
- Personal liability—This can help cover the costs of medical bills and lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you or your family members cause to other people. It may also pay for damage caused by pets. The liability portion of your policy may also help pay your court costs and any awards up to your policy’s limit. An additional umbrella or excess liability policy can provide broader coverage, including claims for libel and slander.
- Medical expenses—If a visitor is injured on your property, your liability policy may help pay their medical bills, even if they have health insurance. This insurance is no-fault coverage, which means the injured party may submit medical bills to your insurer without filing a claim against you.
Your homeowners liability insurance may also cover the following costs related to liability claims:
- Lost wages—If the injured person can’t work because of their injuries and you are at fault, your policy may reimburse them for related costs.
- Pain and suffering—These can result if a court awards damages to compensate the injured person for mental, emotional and physical pain from the injury.
- Death benefits—These may include funeral costs and death benefits for survivors if someone dies due to an injury in your home.
Some people choose to add umbrella insurance, which can provide additional liability coverage that exceeds the limits of your homeowners insurance policy. We can help you determine the coverage amount you may need for sufficient protection.
Protect Your Financial Livelihood
Homeowners liability insurance can help ensure the security of your finances and your family’s safety if an accident occurs. Jack L. Bonus Insurance Agency at 724-452-8722 can help you with a homeowners liability insurance policy that protects your hard-earned assets.